Sunday, July 17, 2011

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to my latest project "AZ Revolutions". My name is Keith and I will be your host for this site. I'm a 30 something, cycling, hobbyist from Chandler, Arizona and I've decided to share my adventures with you in this fashion. More about me later.
My 19.5 mile, Sunday morning, cycling assault began in Chandler, Arizona, around 8:15am with a "mildish" temperature of 87 degrees and humidity level of 22%.... Across sidewalks, and paved trail, across dirt and railroad tracks... passing runners, and cyclists, ranchers on tractors and people on horseback...and ...well its always interesting to see what people will do to their back yards when they think no one is looking. There was quite a lot of "traffic" today, bikers and runners mainly, but everyone is always so friendly out on the trails.
I sliced across three AZ cities (Chandler, Gilbert and Mesa) today before circling about at the US60 to make the final trek home. Today's adventure was a partial run of the Paseo Trail as well as a continuation of the Canal Trail that runs many mile north across the Metro cities.

By the time I returned home about 10:30 the temperature had already risen to about 96 degrees and the humidity had dropped to about 15%. Already warming up to be another hot day in the Valley of the Sun.
I took a slower pace today since I planned to take a lot of pictures. It should be well worth it and a worthy start to my cycling blog. Once I get a bit more used to this blogging format I'll add more images to the posts to spice things up. Until then enjoy the images on the right bar slideshow.
Canal riding sure is fun. Stay Tuned. 

1 comment: