Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7.5 miles on broken Pedals!!

7.5 miles on broken pedals isn't too bad. I went on an afternoon ride after work today, took the short route since the day seems so short when having to work. I really needed to push thru a few miles and clear my head, it was a tough day. I recently started a new job as a Tool Install Designer for a contractor down at Intel Ocotillo. Not really my line of work and requires a lot of thought, concentration and coordination (not a relaxing job by any means), so the riding helps clear my head after work.
It appears that I’ve cracked my first set of pedals this past weekend, my bike is only about 550 miles “old,” but these pedals are toast! The other day, I’d heard a loud pop, over the sounds of my playlist which is cranked nicely in my ears, but I assumed this was just a chain slip. This made for a difficult ride today since I’d completely forgotten about that, about I mile into the ride I realized a flexing feeling on the down stroke of each pedal. The outer back side edge of both pedals is completely separated. Boooo.
It’s a good thing I recently picked up a set of Power Grips Sports Pedals at REI. The idea behind the purchase was to not go the route of buying new clips and shoes but still allow me the additional power on the upstroke of pedaling (and to save a few bucks). I can’t wait to get these installed and get back out there. I’ll let you know how they work out. Stay Tuned.



1 comment:

  1. Great Blog, I enjoyed reading thru your posts. Happy Cycling.

    ReplyDelete