Friday, July 22, 2011

Tumbleweed Excursion


Curse you Arizona Sun!! You are "scorching" my ability to put in any decent saddle time. At 108 degrees, and a nice scorching wind, I still managed to crank out 9.5 miles. Today I'll try to post a few more pictures of my riding adventure. 

I started out on my usual canal "Paseo Trail" towards Tumbleweed Park. I was deep in the riding zone and I cranked thru the park and totally spaced taking some pictures. Next Time.

Next stop Chandler Airpark. Not many planes flying out this time of day. Oddly enough we still see hot air balloons in the morning on occasion.

Chandler Control Tower

Chandler Air Park and the Runway

Interesting Plane...
At this point in the ride, I was feeling like a single point of "scorched Earth," or maybe ants when you put a magnifying glass on them. Though the temperature hadn't changed much the hot wind does a number on you, feels like a convection oven. 


This picture really shows what it felt like out there with the sun just beaming down on me. "Time to head home and stick my head in the oven....too cool off." (J. Kukowski, 2011)

Sun directly behind me

All in all, it was a great ride, short but well needed. Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment